Pain water can be a boring necessity, Diet Coke is bad for you, lemon water may be rough on your teeth if consumed in large quantities, and adding juice also adds calories. Flavoring water with fresh fruit slices and herbs is an easy, healthy alternative.
I spent a weekend at Rancho La Puerta where there were gorgeous water dispensers full of rosemary lime water, orange water, cucumber water and more. The result? I effortlessly drank a ton of water. I read somewhere thatcucumber water is particularly beneficial so I decided to look into it.
Related: 10 Reasons Why You Should Drink Lemon Water in the Morning
The cucumber slices do need to soak in water, preferably overnight, prior to drinking. Here are 8 reasons why you should keep cucumber water in the fridge.
Health Benefits Of Cucumber Water :
1. It’s good for your muscles: Cucumbers contain silica, a trace mineral necessary to keep connective tissue healthy. Add a few slices to your workout water bottle.
2. It’s good for your skin: The silica and antioxidants help your skin stay clear and supple. I read that you can remove the soaked cucumbers from cold cucumber water and use them to reduce acne redness. Or, wash your face with cucumber water in addition to your usual acne routine to reduce redness.
3. It’s low calorie: An entire cucumber averages about 45 calories so a few slices in your water is not adding very many additional calories
4. You may drink more water: We like things that taste good. Better tasting water just may prompt you to drink more of it. Cucumber water worked for me.
5. It’s detoxifying: I’ve been encouraged to drink cucumber water as an integral part of juice cleanses.
6. It’s inexpensive: Cucumbers are the 4th most widely cultivated vegetable in the world. Organics cost a bit more, however, relative to other organic fruits and vegetables, they are less expensive.
7. Guests love it: Add some extra wow to your table by adding a pitcher of cucumber water. Most people don’t take the trouble to make it at home, so they appreciate it so much more when served fancy water elsewhere.
8. Making it is easy: It takes just a few minutes to fill a pitcher (or glass) of water and slice a few cucumbers into it.